Job ID: 4886
Location: Santa Ana
Posted Date: 12/11/2018
Close Date: 01/04/2019
Admin. Specialist I/II
The State of California, Court of Appeal, Division Three of the Fourth Appellate District located in Santa Ana is accepting applications for the position of Administrative Specialist I/II to perform a variety of administrative support duties under the supervision of the Assistant Clerk/Executive Officer. The position is being recruited at level I or II and will be staffed at a level commensurate with the qualifications of the selected individual.
- Organizes, directs, and coordinates various judicial administrative support services for an appellate court such as human resources, budget, business services, security, facility, and janitorial functions.
- Coordinates the preparation and implementation of the court’s budget; monitors the court’s budget; reviews and approves various vouchers for court expenditures, including travel reimbursement for judges and administrative staff; maintains basic accounting records; deposits court fees; processes court-appointed counsel fee claims; works with the JCC to assure compliance with state and JCC budget directives.
- Analyzes and reviews requests for and procures equipment and supplies; selects products and vendors, as necessary, through a bidding process; manages inventory; performs routine service on certain office equipment.
- Assists with performing a variety of facilities management, space management, repair and maintenance, and contract oversight; coordinates facility and space planning; coordinates internal moves; performs related work as assigned. Identifies maintenance and repair needs to the facility.
- Coordinates and prepares special management reports and studies on a variety of topics; may assist in the analysis and implementation of appellate judicial projects having state-wide impact; initiates ideas and develops proposals relating to court administrative policy.
- Works with other appellate court administrative personnel, including the assistant clerk/executive officer, court systems administrators, building engineer, librarian and principal attorney to assure operational efficiency.
- Provides ancillary services for court staff.
Develop and implement assigned court administrative programs, policies, and procedures.
Maintain fiscal, legal, and statistical records and prepare necessary summaries and reports.
Develop and administer the budget for an appellate court.
Apply effective administration in the areas of purchasing, human resources, budgeting and accounting, information systems, or other business services related to the operation of the court.
Use initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
Plan, oversee and evaluate the work of contractors, subcontractors, and others.
Communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Use tact and discretion in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
Lift and move equipment, boxes, furniture, etc. weighing up to 50 pounds.
Administrative Specialist I: Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree, preferably with major course work in court, public or business administration, and two years of experience performing administrative work.
Administrative Specialist II: Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree, preferably with major course work in court, public or business administration, and three years of experience organizing and coordinating administrative programs and/or projects, preferably including one year in the court system.
Additional directly related experience may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis. Additional directly related college-level education may be substituted for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
Experience within the California Judicial Branch and a focus on Judicial Administration or in Public Administration is preferred.
How To Apply
To ensure consideration of your application for the earliest round of interviews, please apply by Jan 4, 2019. To complete an online application, please click the APPLY NOW button.
This position requires the submission of our official application. Please also include a resume and cover letter.
The Fourth District Court of Appeal provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities who request such accommodation. Reasonable accommodation needs should be requested through Fourth District Court of Appeal Human Resources at (619) 744-0760. Telecommunications Device for the Deaf 415-865-4272.
Pay and Benefits
Level I $5,662-$6,880
Level II $6,228-$7,569
Highlights of our benefits package include:
Health/Dental/Vision benefits program
13 paid holidays per calendar year
Choice of Annual Leave or Sick/Vacation Leave
1 personal holiday per year
$130 transit pass subsidy per month
CalPERS Retirement Plan
401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans
Employee Assistance Program
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
Long Term Disability Program (employee paid/optional)
Group Legal Plan (employee paid/optional)
Equal Employment Opportunity